As a board CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Joe provides comprehensive financial strategies for higher net-worth families to help preserve current levels of wealth, plan for retirement, as well as, designing retirement plans for closely held businesses. All aspects of planning are implemented and reviewed annually to help assure a comfortable standard of living in retirement.
Joe began his career with Dean Witter which evolved into Morgan Stanley. He then moved his practice to Smith Barney before forming Budd, Melone & Co., LLC with Co-Founder Lou Melone. Joe and Lou have worked together for the duration of their careers in the financial services industry.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Williamson County Chamber of Commerce
- Catholic Business League
- Walsh College Alumni
- Former Board Member and Treasurer for the Unification Board for the Williamson County Chambers of Commerce.
- Knights of Columbus
- Holy Family Men’s Club
- Cursillo Movement Community Involvement
- Contributing finance columnist to the Nashville Business Journal, Life at the Governor’s Club Magazine, and Your Williamson Magazine.
- Featured financial speaker at local libraries
- Continuing Education Preparation (CPE) speaker CPA’s over the last 14 years on topics such as, Behavioral Finance, Comprehensive Financial Planning Process, and Types of Qualified Plans for Small Business Owners
- Corporate Speaker: featured speaker for Fortune 500 corporate executive retiree groups, small and mid-size companies on retirement, wealth planning, and range of financial topics
- Marriage Enrichment Ministry Program
- 8 time winner of 5 Star Wealth Planner Award* recognized by Hour Detroit Magazine and featured in Forbes Magazine which is given to top 7% of wealth planners in South East Michigan
- Business Leader Who’s Who Magazine – Nashville and Williamson County
- Business Leader Radio Guest Speaker
- BA Accountancy and Business Administration, Major in Finance, Walsh College
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP® Certification), ChFC® (Certified Financial Consultant) American College
- MS Financial Services (MSFS), The American College
*Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019 Five Star Wealth Managers.
If you would like to see if your financial plan is aligned with you goals, please use our financial planning tool or if you have questions about your plan, call us for a cup of coffee and a second opinion.